FIRE BREAKS OUT IN PAXTON HOME OVERNIGHT; FIREFIGHTERS KNOCK DOWN FLAMES IN 30 MINUTES
Firefighters quickly knocked down a residential fire that broke out in the middle of the night last night in Paxton.
At 2:48 AM, Walton County Fire Rescue crews were dispatched to a structure fire on Lake Road. The residents of the home were asleep when a child heard a loud “pop.” Shortly after, the child said they smelled smoke and felt one of the interior walls, which was hot to the touch. They immediately notified their parents who woke to find the deck of their home fully engulfed in flames and called 911.
WCFR firefighters arrived on scene and confirmed heavy flames and smoke coming from the double wide mobile home. Crews quickly deployed an attack line and made an initial fire attack. Volunteers with Argyle Volunteer Fire Department and Florala Volunteer Fire Department were requested to provide tanker support.
Shortly after 3:00 AM., just 30 minutes after WCFR personnel arrived on scene, command called the fire out and crews began overhaul operations.
Fortunately, the family made it out of the house safely and no one was injured.
The fire originated on the outside deck of the home and is believed to have been caused by electrical issues.
The American Red Cross was contacted to provide aid to the residents of the damaged home.
Walton County Fire Rescue crews cleared the scene at 7:44 AM this morning.
Walton County Fire Rescue would like to thank the volunteers with Argyle Volunteer Fire Department and Florala Volunteer Fire Department for their assistance on scene.