POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Worker
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $30,000.00 – $45,000.00
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is actively seeking qualified applicants for the position of Maintenance Worker.
This is a non-sworn position that performs semi-skilled construction, modification, maintenance and repair work on all Jail Operations facilities. This position will supervise and direct jail trustees in the proper performance of their daily tasks while maintaining the security, safety and control of the inmates/offenders assigned to their work detail.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with good communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to use various hand and power tools.
- Experience in maintaining and repairing HVAC systems is preferred.
- To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a Walton County Sheriff’s Office Application. Applications and instructions are available at http://waltonso.org/employment-information/.
For assistance, please call the Walton County Sheriff’s Office Human Resources Office at 850-892-8186.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete:
- Background investigation which includes, but is not limited to: criminal check, driving check, credit check, previous employment check.
- Polygraph Examination
- Panel Interview
- Drug Screen including nicotine panel
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace. If you need an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application/ selection process, please notify the Hiring Authority or Human Resources in advance. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference must submit a Form DD-214.