Position Title: Deputy Sheriff (certified)
Starting Salary: $17.79 per hour ($37,000.00 annually or commensurate with experience)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Walton County Sheriff’s Office is actively recruiting for the position of Certified Deputy Sheriff.
Brief Position Description
Applicants must have completed the Basic Recruit Training Course for Law Enforcement Officers and possess a current employment certificate of compliance for Law Enforcement issued by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission. Certified applicants who are selected for employment will be hired at a minimum rate of $37,000 per year. The salary of applicants with previous law enforcement experience will be commensurate based on the previous experience. A Deputy Sheriff is a sworn member who is eligible for high-risk retirement benefits as well as education incentive payments.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a United States Citizen
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid FL driver’s license with a good driving history
- Have a good moral character and be drug-free, in accordance with agency policy
- Pass a background investigation which includes all items described on the agency’s automatic disqualification list, such as no felony convictions, no misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement, no convictions or injunctions for domestic violence, no dishonorable discharge from any branch of the of the United States Armed Forces, etc.
- Certified applicants must have completed the Basic Recruit Training Course for Law Enforcement Officers and possess a current employment certificate of compliance for Law Enforcement issued by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission.
To be considered for employment, interested individuals are encouraged to submit a WCSO employment application, which is located at https://waltonso.org/employment-information/; only electronic applications will be accepted. Applicants must completely fill out the entire application, including employment history with accurate contact information for every employer and an explanation of gaps in employment. Applicants are responsible for ensuring all required documents, as listed on the employment application, are received by WCSOHR.
Applicants must list a valid telephone number and email address on their application and routinely monitor that email address. Applicants are responsible for contacting WCSO-HR to update any contact information. Failure to respond to future emailed requests for additional information, and/or to submit a complete application and required documents as indicated above may result in disqualification.
Applicants selected to compete in the process will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Physical Abilities Test (PAT)
- Swim Test
- Polygraph Examination
Applicants who are selected to fill the positions will be required to complete an FDLE physical, drug screen, and psychological evaluation.
Applicants may contact the Walton County Sheriff’s Office Human Resources Division by calling (850) 892-8186 for assistance or additional information.