5Position Title: Corrections Cook
Salary Range: $14.00 to $16.00 per hour
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is actively seeking qualified applicants for the position of Corrections Cook.
Responsible for the direct supervision of inmates assigned to work in the Walton County Jail kitchen who prepare mass quantity meals for the inmate population currently housed at the Walton County Jail. Reports to the shift supervisor any issues involving daily operations in the kitchen that would affect the ability to provide the requested support for meals. Maintain logs and inventory of all issued items to inmates during shift hours and notify the Kitchen manager of current supply inventory.
- Must have six (6) months experience in food service; or equivalent experience and training
- Experience in mass quantity food preparation is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Food Manager’s certificate.
Applicants may be required to successfully complete:
- Background investigation which includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal check, driving check,
- credit check
- previous employment check.
- Polygraph Examination
- Panel Interview
- Drug Screen including nicotine panel
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a Walton County Sheriff’s Office Application. Applications and instructions are available at http://waltonso.org/employment-information/. Applicants may call the Human Resource Office at 850-892-8186 for assistance.
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace. If you need an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify the Hiring Authority or Human Resources in advance. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference must submit a Form DD-214.