Child Protective Investigator
POSITION TITLE: Child Protective Investigator
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY RANGE: $41,400- $66,240
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for the position of Child Protective Investigator for the Walton County Sheriff’s Office, Child Protection Unit. This position is non-sworn and involves the intervention, investigation, and case management of alleged crimes against children (including but not limited to abuse, abandonment, and neglect). The position will be assigned to a day shift with rotating days off and applicants must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Applicant must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Education, Guidance/Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, or a closely related field; certification by the State of Florida is preferred.
- Applicant must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and demonstrate good driving habits.
- Applicant must obtain the State of Florida Child Protective Investigator certification within one (1) year of employment date.
- Applicant must have at least two years of work experience in social services.
- Applicant may not have been convicted or adjudicated guilty of any crimes involving children.
- Pass thorough background investigation, polygraph and drug screening.
To apply please submit an application to the Walton County Sheriff’s Office, 752 Triple G Road, DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32433. The application for Support Staff can be obtained at https://waltonso.org/employment-information/. For additional information, please contact the Walton County Sheriff’s Office at (850) 892-8186.
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace. If you need an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application/ selection process, please notify the Hiring Authority or Human Resources in advance. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference must submit a Form DD-214.