In 2014, the Sheriff’s Office started its first Explorer Post. Participants are exposed to the law enforcement field by interacting with law enforcement officers and getting involved with a variety of programs and projects featuring safety, training and service. The program is designed to build positive character traits, develop personal and mental fitness and promote active citizenship.
For those who are interested in becoming a member of the Sheriff’s Office Explorer Post, applications are available ONLINE as well as at the following locations:
- Sheriff’s Office Administration Building: 752 Triple G Road, Defuniak Springs, Florida
- Sheriff’s Office Substation: 133 Sheriff’s Drive, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
- All School Resource Deputies at the middle and high school level
- Young adults between the ages of 14 to 21
- Maintain at least a “C” grade point average
- Have parental approval
- Be of good health
- Be of good moral habits without arrest or conviction
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals other than family members
- Must submit a completed application with a $20.00 non-refundable processing fee.
For more information please contact Deputy Caleb Davidson at 850.892.8186.