POSITION TITLE: Kennel Technician
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
SALARY RANGE: $10.52 to $14.03 per hour
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is actively seeking qualified applicants for the position of Kennel Technician.
The Kennel Technician must be able to perform all duties and tasks specific to the position. The member evaluates animals for potential adoption and assists with socializing animals at the Walton County Animal Shelter. The selected applicant must be able to work with inmates. The position requires the selected applicant be able to work a variable schedule that requires working some weekends/holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must receive Inmate Work Program Training.
- Must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Advises citizens on the responsibilities of animal ownership.
- Assist the Vet Tech in examining animals for injuries or illness, documenting and reporting any pertinent findings to the supervisor.
- Adheres to work schedule and attendance requirements.
- Observes animal behavior patterns and promptly reports any irregular behaviors or illnesses to supervisor.
- Ensures that the correct food types and water are placed in kennels in accordance with the daily requirements of the various species present.
- Ensures that the kennels are cleaned on a regular basis and maintains the sanitary conditions to an acceptable level.
- Must be able to present a polite, helpful, courteous and professional image when engaged in any activity with the public.
- Must be able to convey verbal information/instructions/directives/commands in a clear, concise, and intelligent manner.
- Must have the ability and appropriate judgment to look beyond surface issues to identify and analyze problems and develop effective responses and solutions to resolve such problems.
External Applicants: To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a Walton County Sheriff’s Office Support Staff Application. Applications and instructions are available online via the Agency’s website: http//www.waltonso.org.
Internal Applicants: Current employees of the Walton County Sheriff’s Office may submit a memorandum of interest in lieu of an application.
For assistant, please call the Walton County Sheriff’s Office Human Resources Office at 850-892-8186.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete:
- Background investigation which includes, but is not limited to: criminal history, driving history, credit check, previous employment verification
- Polygraph Examination
- Panel Interview
- Pre-employment Drug Screen (including nicotine panel)
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process because of a disability, please notify the Human Resource Office in advance by calling 850-892-8186.
Florida residents seeking Veteran Preference must complete the Veteran’s Preference portion of the application and submit a DD214.