POSITION TITLE: Corrections Cook
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
SALARY RANGE: $11.43 to $15.75 per hour
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is actively seeking qualified applicants for the position of Corrections Cook.
This position prepares meals that are served to inmates confined to the Walton County Jail and ensures proper sanitation measures are maintained.
* Must have six (6) months experience in food service; or equivalent experience and training
* Experience in mass quantity food preparation is preferred.
* Must have a valid driver’s license.
* Must have the ability to obtain a Food Manager’s certificate.
* Applicant must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a Walton County Sheriff’s Office Support Staff Application. Applications and instructions are available online via the Agency’s website: http//www.waltonso.org.
For assistant, please call the Walton County Sheriff’s Office Human Resources Office at 850-892-8186.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete:
* Background investigation which includes, but is not limited to: criminal check, driving check, credit check, previous employment check.
* Polygraph Examination
* Panel Interview
* Drug Screen including nicotine panel
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process because of a disability, please notify the Human Resource Office in advance by calling 850-892-8186.
Florida residents seeking Veteran Preference must complete the Veteran’s Preference portion of the application and submit a DD214.