POSITION TITLE: Corrections Civilian Control Room Operator
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY RANGE: $11.43 TO $15.75 per hour
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is actively seeking qualified applicants for the position of Corrections Civilian Control Room Operator.
Responsible for observing inmate activity and behavior, monitoring officer movement and communication, operating control panels to control cell ingress and egress, facilitating communication between officers and inmates, facilitating visitation for inmates, maintaining and updating control room logs and testing emergency systems.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with good communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
External Applicants: To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a Walton County Sheriff’s Office Support Staff Application. Applications and instructions are available online via the Agency’s website: http//www.waltonso.org.
Internal Applicants: Current employees of the Walton County Sheriff’s Office may submit a memorandum of interest in lieu of an application.
For assistant, please call the Walton County Sheriff’s Office Human Resources Office at 850-892-8186.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete:
- Background investigation which includes, but is not limited to: criminal check, driving check, credit check, previous employment check.
- Polygraph Examination
- Panel Interview
- Drug Screen including nicotine panel
- The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
- If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process because of a disability, please notify the Human Resource Office in advance.
- Florida residents seeking Veteran preference must complete the Veterans Preference portion of the application and submit a DD214.