POSITION TITLE: Communications Officer
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled.
SALARY RANGE: $28,080.00
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is seeking career-minded individuals with experience in 911 Public Safety Telecommunications. Applicants must be willing to obtain/maintain applicable state certifications, complete a comprehensive in-house training program, and work 12 hour shifts dispatching first responders to calls for service.
- Candidates must possess a high school diploma.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to type 20 words per minute
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Pass background investigation, polygraph and drug screening.
- Pass an online test administered by the Agency.
To apply please submit an application to the Walton County Sheriff’s Office, 752 Triple G Road, DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32433. The application for Support Staff can be obtained through our website www.waltonso.org/. For additional information, please contact the Walton County Sheriff’s Office at (850) 892-8186.
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace. If you need an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application/ selection process, please notify the Hiring Authority or Human Resources in advance. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference must submit a Form DD-214.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled