POSITION TITLE: Booking Specialist-Jail Operations Bureau
CLOSING DATE: Friday, December 15, 2017 @ 5 p.m.
SALARY RANGE: $28,400.00 – $40,000.00
This is internal and external advertisement for the position of Booking Specialist in the Jail Operations Bureau. Any sworn or non-sworn member interested in being considered for this position must submit a memorandum of interest to the Human Resource Office outlining your experience and training no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 15, 2017.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Applicants must have two (2) years of clerical or corrections experience.
Applicants must possess or be able to obtain FCIC/NCIC certification within one (1) year of employment.
Applicants must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Applicants must have the ability to input data into a computer.
Applicants must have knowledge of the FDLE and other law enforcement programs and software.
Applicants must have the ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize and/or analyze information.
Applicants must have the ability to interpret a wide range of inmate behavior and interact with the general public in a professional manner.
Applicants must have the ability to maintain extreme confidentiality.
Applicants must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Applicants must have the ability to complete detailed forms and written/oral reports.
Applicants must have the ability to communicate under adverse conditions with distressed people.
Applicants must have the ability to cope with situations requiring immediate decisions in accordance with departmental policies and objectives.
Preference will be given to applicants with correction’s experience.
Applicant’s disciplinary record will be reviewed and taken into consideration.
Once this advertisement is closed, an interview process will be scheduled for qualified applicants.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The duties of this position include assisting Detention Deputies in the total process of booking intakes and entering information into the computer, updating information received from court activities as well as processing inmates at release.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Process all appropriate paperwork required for the intake and release of inmates.
- Review arrest paperwork and court documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Disseminate inmate information to various parts of the criminal justice system.
- Process surety bonds to facilitate inmate release.
- Communicate with other agencies to confirm information and coordinate the movement of inmates to other facilities.
- Review inmate criminal history to obtain information using Florida Crime Information Center (FCIC) and National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
- Prepare and process paperwork for first appearance.
- Maintain a neat, organized and clean work space, during and at end of shift.
- Interact with the public in a polite, helpful, courteous, and professional manner.
- Attend training to learn new technology, policies, and laws to improve effectiveness in position.
The Walton County Sheriff’s Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace. If you need an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify the Hiring Authority or Human Resources in advance. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference must submit a Form DD-214.