POSITION TITLE: Animal Services Volunteer Coordinator (part-time)
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
SALARY RANGE: $15.00 per hour
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is actively seeking qualified applicants for the position of Animal Services Volunteer Coordinator. This position is a part-time position working 29 hours or less per week.
The Animal Services Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for managing the volunteer/foster program and the volunteer/foster database, as well as, recruiting volunteers/fosters to fill Walton County Animal Shelter (WCAS) volunteer needs. This position will serve as the primary contact for existing and potential volunteers. The WCAS Volunteer Coordinator shall motivate, evaluate and recognize positive experiences of volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position will work with Animal Services Management to assess organizational volunteer needs and match volunteers with opportunities that suit their skills, and interests, to meet the organizational needs of the agency.
* This position will assist in the recruiting, screening, interviewing, training, managing, and coordinating volunteers.
* This position will create and maintain volunteer program materials (applications, agreements, handbooks, role descriptions, orientations, training, etc.).
* This position will assist in the development and maintenance of the WCAS Volunteer/Foster Database.
* This position will organize and host volunteer orientations, trainings and events.
* This position will ensure that volunteers and fosters are supported and motivated.
* This position will recognize volunteers and fosters when applicable.
* This position will track and assess volunteer/foster statistics.
* This position will conduct program evaluations with the intent to improve the volunteer program.
* This position will maintain communications with volunteers regarding scheduling.
* This position will perform additional duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a valid driver’s license.
* Preference will be given to applicants with experience in the management, recruiting, training and coordination of volunteers.
External Applicants: To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a Walton County Sheriff’s Office Support Staff Application. Applications and instructions are available online via the Agency’s website: http//www.waltonso.org.
Internal Applicants: Current employees of the Walton County Sheriff’s Office may submit a
memorandum of interest in lieu of an application.
For assistance, please call the Walton County Sheriff’s Office Human Resources Office at 850-892-8186.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete:
* Background investigation which includes, but is not limited to: criminal history, driving history,
credit check, previous employment verification
* Polygraph Examination
* Panel Interview
* Pre-employment Drug Screen (including nicotine panel)
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process because of a disability, please notify the Human Resource Office in advance by calling 850-892-8186.
Florida residents seeking Veteran Preference must complete the Veteran’s Preference portion of the application and submit a DD214.