POSITION TITLE: Animal Services Front Desk Clerk
CLOSING DATE: Friday, April 6, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
ANNUAL SALARY: $23,500.00
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is actively seeking qualified applicants for the position of Animal Services Front Desk Clerk.
The Animal Services Front Desk Clerk is responsible for processing adoption applications, owner surrender, and stray turn in forms received from the public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- This position will ensure the Walton County Animal Shelter is opened at the required times.
- This position notifies the Walton County Health Department of all bite cases and sends paperwork as required.
- This position scans all paperwork received from the Animal Control Officers as needed.
- This position maintains all medical files for animals available for adoption and ready to go to new owners at time of the adoption.
- This position receives, routes, and disperses telephone calls/messages for Walton County Animal Services.
- This position receives and distributes mail for Walton County Animal Services.
- This position composes, generates, and routes correspondence/reports.
- This position will perform additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
External Applicants: To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a Walton County Sheriff’s Office Support Staff Application. Applications and instructions are available at http://waltonso.org/employment-information/.
Internal Applicants: Current employees of the Walton County Sheriff’s Office may submit a memorandum of interest in lieu of an application. A professional resume detailing your education and experience must be attached to the memorandum.
For assistance, please call the Walton County Sheriff’s Office Human Resources Office at 850-892-8186.
External applicants will be required to successfully complete:
- Background investigation which includes, but is not limited to: criminal history, driving history, credit check, previous employment verification
- Polygraph Examination
- Panel Interview
- Pre-employment Drug Screen (including nicotine panel)
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process because of a disability, please notify the Human Resource Office in advance by calling 850-892-8186.
Florida residents seeking Veteran Preference must complete the Veteran’s Preference portion of the application and submit a DD214.