POSITION TITLE: Animal Control Officer
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, June 26, 2016
SALARY RANGE: $11.43 to $15.75 per hour
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is actively seeking qualified applicants for the position of Animal Control Officer.
The Animal Control Officer must be able to perform all duties and tasks specific to the position. The member responds to animal calls, impounds animals, and documents animal bite information. The selected applicant must be able to work with inmates. The position requires the selected applicant be able to work a variable schedule that requires working some weekends/holidays and be available for on-call.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain Animal Control Officer Certification and Florida Euthanasia Certification within six (6) months from date of hire/appointment.
- Must receive Inmate Work Program Training.
- Must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be able to accurately complete and submit required reports.
- Advise and educate animal owners and the general public on the responsibilities of animal ownership and explains animal control laws, regulations and procedures to the general public.
- Inspect and assess animal living conditions.
- Conduct follow up inspections of animal living conditions to ensure required changes have been implemented.
- Safely secures and impounds untagged, neglected, injured, abused, or dangerous animals using the most appropriate and humane means.
- Communicate via telephone, computer, radio, maintains instruments and equipment.
- Assist with kennel duties as needed.
- Must be able to respond when called in.
- Adheres to work schedule and attendance requirements.
External Applicants: To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a Walton County Sheriff’s Office Support Staff Application. Applications and instructions are available online via the Agency’s website: http//www.waltonso.org.
Internal Applicants: Current employees of the Walton County Sheriff’s Office may submit a memorandum of interest in lieu of an application.
For assistant, please call the Walton County Sheriff’s Office Human Resources Office at 850.892.8186.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete:
- Background investigation which includes, but is not limited to: criminal history, driving history, credit check, previous employment verification
- Polygraph Examination
- Panel Interview
- Pre-employment Drug Screen (including nicotine panel)
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace. If you need an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application/ selection process, please notify the Hiring Authority or Human Resources in advance. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference must submit a Form DD-214.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, June 24, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.